9/23/2006

Walking through Windows Vista



Always wanted to get my hands into latest software and test them out. I was so anxious to get my hands into Vista and try it out. Heard they released teh RC1 23rd of September for public. Manged to download a small 2.3 GB iso file. (lol) At first I went through upgrading which took nearly 8 hours and ended up with BSOD!
Next armed with a another hard disk went through the installtion which took nearly 1.30 hours. My machine specs are (AMD XP 2500+, 1024 Ram and 120 GB 5400 RPM hard disk) Windows Vista gave me only 3.4 points out of 10 to my machine! (too bab) But all along it runs smoothly. I am quite happy with that performance but so far didn't dig too much into the features even though I notice Microsoft had taken quite a step improving the visual effect rather than finxing the software problems (lol) I've attached few pics to show how it looks like. I couldn;t run my favourite programs like Alcohol120% CD emulating software and Nero. But manged to install the VM Ware workstation software in it.

No comments: