11/09/2006

Using UBUNTU in my Laptop

In my previous post I've mention about the Ubuntu Linux. This is the most famous and easy to use Linux OS I've found. I decided to move to Linux instead of Windows in my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. To my surprise I found Linux Os if much more quicker in responding time than the Windows XP. I'm really happy about that speed gain up. My machine spec is Intel M1.6 GHz 512 MB Ram, 40 GB 5400RPM HDD,...oh and share memory for the Intel VGA card.

First start with Ubuntu Linux 6.05 version and found out they have released the 6.10 version on 26th October 2006. This one code name as Edgy Eft. Upgrade process too long time than the new installation but it has greatly improved the speed. I prefer o stick with Gnome desktop environment. It is less graphics and response is much quicker. But if you're moving from Windows environment this will not make you unhappy.

No comments: